songs in the movie

Author Topic: songs in the movie  (Read 2557 times)

afi_village

• LITW

songs in the movie
« on: September 17, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »
hi everyone, i haven't been on here for so long cause i didn't want to see anything about lady in the water until after i saw it.

it has finally come out in australia and i went to see it the day it came out!  one thing that was interesting was how different it was from all his other movies, that was what i was thinking the whole time i was watching it.

anyway, i'm getting distracted.  the point of this was to ask if anyone knew what songs he used in the movie.  the only song i recognised was bom bom bom by living things.  

so...anyone?
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
songs in the movie
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
The song played by the band in the party scene is a cover of Bob Dylan's "Maggies Farm" I believe. There was also a cover of Dylan's "Blowing in the Wind" during the credits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

fredriksam

• Wide Awake

songs in the movie
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »
During the credits theu played a cover of Bob Dylans: The Times They Are A`Changning.

A very soft and nice melody. I saw the movie last night in the cinema. Had seen it before pirated, but it was really amazing seeing it at the cinema. Our cinema has a very good surround system. That really maked the "Scrunt" scenes very haunting.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
songs in the movie
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 02:48:01 PM »
Was there any song in the PARTY, I think it was only some music and those band guys were getting ready. But that scene was too tightly on the characters and the LADY who wanted to go back home.

I didn't heard any song, or may be I don't remember.

-Rohan

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
songs in the movie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »
Actually...yes there was a song during the party scene, when it started to rain and everybody went into the building, the band started playing a song, just the first line. The song was "Maggie's Farm"

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
songs in the movie
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:46:12 AM »
Quote from: "Dr.Hill42"
Actually...yes there was a song during the party scene, when it started to rain and everybody went into the building, the band started playing a song, just the first line. The song was "Maggie's Farm"

Oh Ok. Well then I don't  remember lol. Anyways can't wait for the DVD though.

-Rohan

afi_village

• LITW

songs in the movie
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 03:42:24 AM »
so were pretty much all of the songs bob dylan covers?  i just assumed there was other stuff too since i recognised one song that wasn't...

just a side note, this board goes so damn fast now compared to before the release...no one used to reply to stuff for days and now there's like a whole thread here...anywway, it's freaking me out a bit!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!