J. G. Scrunt?

Author Topic: J. G. Scrunt?  (Read 19783 times)

Miriam

• Praying with Anger

J. G. Scrunt?
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:01:34 AM »
I saw this movie last night and enjoyed it a lot. It is a movie that I need to ruminate for some time to really figure out what I think about it, but I already find one little thing odd. Did I get it wrong or did Story at one point call the scrunt J. G. Scrunt? What did that mean?

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »
J.G Scrunt? Never heard when I was watching the movie.

-Rohan

Miriam

• Praying with Anger

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:13:49 AM »
When Mr. Heep goes outside to meet the beast and Story gives him advice with the walkie-talkie, she says "J. G. Scrunt", repeatedly. Doesn't she?

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 10:28:08 AM »
she did say something, not sure what though...

ah well, when dvd comes out can use subtitles and let it rest right?

:)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »
Quote from: "Miriam"
When Mr. Heep goes outside to meet the beast and Story gives him advice with the walkie-talkie, she says "J. G. Scrunt", repeatedly. Doesn't she?

I think you make sense now "lol" yeah I remember the scene a little.
But no idea why she says "J.G Scrunt.  :roll:

-Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »
Quote from: "Maya"
she did say something, not sure what though...

ah well, when dvd comes out can use subtitles and let it rest right?

:)

I can't wait for the DVD either. Any news when its really coming out.

-Rohan  :lol:

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 02:10:49 AM »
I noticed that as well.  I thought she said 'Jay Jay Scrunt' but either way, it doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

As for the DVD.  Its releasing in Australia on the 10th of Janurary.  I'm sure the states will get it before us though.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »
The DVD releasing on 10th January in Australia? WOW.
I can't wait for the DVD in North America. And you know the DVD contains a special TALK from M.Night for critics, about the movie and some making I believe.

I hope they show a little about "Scrunts" where he got the idea from?

-Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »
It's looking like Decemeber 19th is the release date for the US. It's pretty much official.

The commentary track thingy is still just a rumor.

afi_village

• LITW

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 10:04:42 PM »
Quote from: "spikeshinizle"
As for the DVD.  Its releasing in Australia on the 10th of Janurary.  I'm sure the states will get it before us though.

didn't we get the village at the same time?  actually, now i really can't remember...

it seems a bit out of character for night to do a commentary over his film, but it would be really cool if he did!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:22:10 PM »
Quote from: "afi_village"

didn't we get the village at the same time?  actually, now i really can't remember...

it seems a bit out of character for night to do a commentary over his film, but it would be really cool if he did!

Yeah we got the Village on...*looks at poster*.... the 12th of January.  So yay!  We get LITW two days earlier! hehe :P

afi_village

• LITW

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:15:04 AM »
Yeah we got the Village on...*looks at poster*.... the 12th of January.  So yay!  We get LITW two days earlier! hehe :P

i have a village dvd poster in my room too!  sorry if that sounded really enthusiastic and weird...

...and i really can't wait for this dvd to come out.  i only saw it once at the movies before they stopped showing it like a week later!  i hate the city i live in...

that was pretty much the dumbest post i've ever written, oh well *submit*...
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 10:09:41 PM »
haha.  I dont think it was just your city, the film only showed in Australia for a few weeks.  As much as I love the film, there's no denying it tanked big time :(

afi_village

• LITW

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 12:12:25 AM »
haha.  I dont think it was just your city, the film only showed in Australia for a few weeks.  As much as I love the film, there's no denying it tanked big time :(

it's true, but i'm sure where i live is worse.

i waited for them to release DIG! here and after three months when i'd givin up hope, it finally came to one dingy little cinema for one week.  seriously three months after the rest of the country!  im am not even kidding...so much for the capital of australia right?

sorry, that was a bit of a rant...at least it came at all i guess...

whatever, when i get the lady in the water dvd i'll watch it a hundred times and force it onto all of my friends.

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 11:33:35 AM »
ok, i'm sorry to bring up this topic again, but it's like staying in my freaking head like a song that won't stop playing over and over again.

ok, in the movie, when cleveland's going out to confront the beast, story is in the room with the walkie talkie.  that's the scene where she says "..the J.G. Scrunt..."  

in the extra stuff where they are talking about the making of the scrunts, i saw that on one of the papers or something J.G. Scrunt.

since she said the J.G. Scrunt could it be like some kind of status for the animal?

or is this something from her "studies" that we don't know about but is spoken anyway.

-B.Rocha

P.S. wouldn't it be awesome if Night came up with a movie or another children's book set in the Blue World?
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477