J. G. Scrunt?

Author Topic: J. G. Scrunt?  (Read 19775 times)

Uberco

• Praying with Anger

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:32 AM »
A friend told me that when he heard her say "J.G. Scrunt" he thought she was using the navy term "Junor Grade".. so if he's right  that would make sense cuz the scrunt was breaking the rules becuz she was a madam narf.  He would be promoted for killing her. Hope that helped a little.

Neko

• Wide Awake

• http://www.freewebs.com/animangasite
    • Email
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »
It also puzzled me when I heard this. When I watched it on DVD and put it on subtitles it clearly said, J.G. scrunt. It might have been just a goof that M. Night forgot to take out from an earlier script, I don't really know...
img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/Animangasite/Neko_sig.jpg[/img]

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
Hey,guys!I've also heard this strange thing ("j.g. scrunt"),but in the Italian translation they forgot it or simply cut from the movie.I really don't know...
"Welcome to The Cove"

fredriksam

• Wide Awake

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »
I have it on DVD now and has watched with swedish sybtitles. It doesnt say J.G in the swedish translation, however on the english one it does. :?  :?

It could means junior grade or something like that.

And the ancient words are spelled "Nef Ra Mora", as seen in pic below.

bps

• Praying with Anger

J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 10:36:47 PM »
Try out this idea:
When I heard J.G. it made no sense...in English.   So what if it's not English?What would it most likely be if not English?  I don't know but I made a guess that M. Night spoke Hindi.   Online dictionaries gave me the verb "jaganaa" "to be awake/ aroused/ regain consciousness".   One of the verb conjugations is spelled "jaage".   Are there any native Hindi speakers who can tell me if I'm on the right track?  I think I am because in Hindi, Narf is "monarch" and Mora is "beating".

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
ooh, that's pretty interesting. :)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »
i just figure that it means....challenged or out in the open..... ready for some beatdown.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »
Quote from: "bps"
Try out this idea:
When I heard J.G. it made no sense...in English.   So what if it's not English?What would it most likely be if not English?  I don't know but I made a guess that M. Night spoke Hindi.   Online dictionaries gave me the verb "jaganaa" "to be awake/ aroused/ regain consciousness".   One of the verb conjugations is spelled "jaage".   Are there any native Hindi speakers who can tell me if I'm on the right track?  I think I am because in Hindi, Narf is "monarch" and Mora is "beating".

Wow,I think you're right,man!!
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
J. G. Scrunt?
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 04:31:12 AM »
Quote from: "bps"
Try out this idea:

I was in India before heading towards USA with my family. I am persian but grew up there when I was 14 we came to USA. So I can speak,writer and read Hindi very well.

You are right about that and those meanings of the words you found from dictionary. But J.G SCRUNT in the movie it gave me headache when I was thinking about it.

After reading your post. It kind of making sense.

Thanks.