[Spoilers] Your thoughts after seeing it

Author Topic: [Spoilers] Your thoughts after seeing it  (Read 738 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
[Spoilers] Your thoughts after seeing it
« on: September 12, 2015, 04:41:16 AM »
What's up, guys?

So The Visit was officially released in the United States yesterday and I had the prevalige to see it the day before (I live in Holland, movies are usually released on Thursdays here). Have you seen it already? What were your thoughts?

I thought The Visit was a great ride. When I sat in the theatre, people were laughing a lot. Laughing at moments that we're supposed to be funny, and I thought it was too! Ed Oxenbould gave a great performance. I could see that some people may find him annoying (espacially his rapping), but I thought the kid was great (Shania Twain, @#$%&es!). Also the scares in the movie were pretty good. A few somewhat easy jumpscares, but also some really weird actions (like Nana scratching on the doors and stuff).

Anyway, I can honestly say that I think this was the best Shyamalan film in a decade. It is not a masterpiece like The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable, but a solid horror/thriller with some comedy to keep it light. This may be the beginning of a new era for M. Night. No more big budget CGI movies, no more blockbusters, but subtile thrillers.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...