Inglorious Bastards Thread.

Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards Thread.  (Read 12877 times)

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Inglorious Bastards Thread.
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
I can't wait for this movie!  Mr. Tarintino said it was going to be different than any other WWII movie we've seen.  It's going to be awsome!  Even though I didn't really like Death Proof that much.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Inglorious Bastards Thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »
I have tremendous respect for Mr.Tarantino. I love 'Pulp Fiction' 'Reservoir Dogs' 'Kill Bill Volume 1&2. Grindhouse was full of trash and I thought some rookie directed it.

I am excited about "Inglorious Bastards". Correct me if I am wrong. I think Brad Pitt is set to star in it and there were talks probably Leanardo Dicaprio stars as one of the ruthless GERMAN/Nazi officers. I would love to see Leo in that character. So far he played all characters perfectly fine.

Rohan

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:46 PM »
I have tremendous respect for Mr.Tarantino. I love 'Pulp Fiction' 'Reservoir Dogs' 'Kill Bill Volume 1&2. Grindhouse was full of trash and I thought some rookie directed it.

I am excited about "Inglorious Bastards". Correct me if I am wrong. I think Brad Pitt is set to star in it and there were talks probably Leanardo Dicaprio stars as one of the ruthless GERMAN/Nazi officers. I would love to see Leo in that character. So far he played all characters perfectly fine.

Rohan

Brad Pitt is in the movie for sure, but Leo isn't.  It fell through.

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »
After seeing Pulp Fiction I've never had a real desire to see any other Tarantino movies.

I'm quite intrigued by this though.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »

Rohan

Brad Pitt is in the movie for sure, but Leo isn't.  It fell through.

That sad now. I am not liking this. I think Leo would be perfect for that character.  Since Brad Pitt is still attached, I can see the movie on the big screen without any hesitation.

Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »
Germany Hates Quentin Tarantino.

Tobias Kneibe, film editor of the Suddeutsche Zeitung has brought mainstream German attention to Quentin Tarantino's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, claiming that he expects it to be savaged upon its release. Even though he loved the script, and many German film fans love Tarantino, he expects that it will be torn to shreds by local critics.

"All the German historians and critics who were left gasping for breath by Tom Cruise and his worthy attempts will be so shocked by 'Inglorious Bastards' that they will savage it on the spot... the collision between Tarantino-style pop culture with the themes of the Holocaust and Jewish revenge is unprecedented in Germany and its results are completely unpredictable."

If anyone in Germany thinks Quentin Tarantino gives a #@!* what they think, they're in for a major surprise. I love his movies but that guy does what the hell he wants and I'm pretty sure he's at least marginally crazy. At this point quite frankly I'd be shocked if he didn't ride a polar bear into this Kniebe guy's office and just start masturbating into his computer keyboard, stopping only for Gatorade and to make butterfly silhouettes with his hands.

Source: Joblo.

I never get Germans, why they are hating on everyone. They're not Nazis anymore. The movie is taking on the Nazis not on contemporary Germany.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
Script is online - I don't have the time to read it now. I thought may be someone else might be interested to read it. I can't wait for the movie, looks great.

Basterd1 - http://www.cineobscure.com/Basterds/IB1.pdf
Basterd2 - http://www.cineobscure.com/Basterds/IB2.pdf

Source: http://www.cineobscure.com/inglorious-bastards-script-sold-to-miramax/

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »
Can someone here change my mind and make me  to fall in love with this movie, please? I have been waiting for another QT movie since KILL BILL movies. The GRINDHOUSE didn't impressed me at all, even though I love chicks I didn't enjoyed GrindHouse at all. I love QT' style and I love PULP FICTION, RESERVOIR DOGS, KILL BILL.

Recently, I read on Joblo.com one of the users not the administrators posted a small time SPOILER FREE review of the movie. It kind of pissed me off, I want this to be timeless classic QT movie and if the following is true, I am not watching it, I know no one would care but I am done with QT until this guy comes with something more serious and powerful.

Review stated: Inglorious Bastards : More Talk. Less Action. Worst Performances Of All Time. Brad Pitt Is Waisted. Eli Roth should have been shot in the movie and they should have never have ELI ROTH TALK or to have dialogues for him. MIKE MYERS looks more idiot than before.

I depend on you guys. 

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:07:55 AM »
Quote from: Rohan
I never get Germans, why they are hating on everyone. They're not Nazis anymore. The movie is taking on the Nazis not on contemporary Germany.

We never really got the Germans too. They where here for five years, and we still make fun of them!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »

We never really got the Germans too. They where here for five years, and we still make fun of them!

I think we should ask them. I am not going to blame all of them there are many that are nice and some that are still following Hitler's views and opinions, at least in their hearts.

I don't get the point of this movie. According to the review from a viewer the movie does not look good to me. I even played the trailer couple of times - does not look promising.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
I think we should ask them. I am not going to blame all of them there are many that are nice and some that are still following Hitler's views and opinions, at least in their hearts.
Actually, you have to be more policital correct. I mean, the people you mean or not only Germans. In fact, there are a lot of them in the US!
Most of the Germans are not proud of what their country did (twice), but there are in fact more Neo-Nazies in America!
(I don't know if Neo-Nazies is the correct word in English, but I'm reffering to Skinheads and that type of people.)

Anyway, the way I see it, Inglorious Basterds is more like an WWII based action-comedy, it's not the truth, just fun! I believe that you should be able to laugh about jokes about yourself, your country, religion, believes!
We can breath in space,

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 09:58:52 AM »
Actually, you have to be more policital correct. I mean, the people you mean or not only Germans. In fact, there are a lot of them in the US!
Most of the Germans are not proud of what their country did (twice), but there are in fact more Neo-Nazies in America!
(I don't know if Neo-Nazies is the correct word in English, but I'm reffering to Skinheads and that type of people.)

Anyway, the way I see it, Inglorious Basterds is more like an WWII based action-comedy, it's not the truth, just fun! I believe that you should be able to laugh about jokes about yourself, your country, religion, believes!

Finally someone starts posting :-) --- Well, thats what exactly what my post meant. There are Germans that still take side with Hitler and there are other ones that are totally against his views.. To tell you the truth, VALKYRIE proved it clearly to me and I am sure to the rest of the world as well.

Skinheads are still around, but more underground. Some of them realized that no one cares about their opinion and feelings.

If INGLORIOUS BASTERDS will be the next - TROPIC THUNDER than I am done with it. There is nothing funny about the war. Tropic Thunder was a different story line and it was funny. IBs I don't think this movie has it.

QT must restart from the beginning. The guy went up up and now down and down.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 02:35:07 PM »
Well, thats what exactly what my post meant. There are Germans that still take side with Hitler and there are other ones that are totally against his views.. To tell you the truth, VALKYRIE proved it clearly to me and I am sure to the rest of the world as well.
I get your point, though your explanation isn't really right. Now, I am not German, but you probably upset all the Germans with this. I mean, yes there are people who still take side of Hitler, but you said it like they're all Germans. I tried to tell you that that isn't correct.

If INGLORIOUS BASTERDS will be the next - TROPIC THUNDER than I am done with it. There is nothing funny about the war. Tropic Thunder was a different story line and it was funny. IBs I don't think this movie has it.

Based on the trailer, I think there will be quite some funny stuff in it. Can't say it for sure, but it is still Tarantino! Though I have to say that I believe IB will be different from all other WWII movies, even if there isn't any humor at all...
We can breath in space,

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
Well, thats what exactly what my post meant. There are Germans that still take side with Hitler and there are other ones that are totally against his views.. To tell you the truth, VALKYRIE proved it clearly to me and I am sure to the rest of the world as well.
I get your point, though your explanation isn't really right. Now, I am not German, but you probably upset all the Germans with this. I mean, yes there are people who still take side of Hitler, but you said it like they're all Germans. I tried to tell you that that isn't correct.

Based on the trailer, I think there will be quite some funny stuff in it. Can't say it for sure, but it is still Tarantino! Though I have to say that I believe IB will be different from all other WWII movies, even if there isn't any humor at all...

Well, Germans can get angry all they want. I don't have any hesitations, just like some of them in the past didn't hesitated for the world's destruction. My point stated that there are still some exists that follows Hitler's views.

And also I stated that VALKYRIE pretty much clears it for me and I am sure for everyone else that not all Germans were like HITLER.

----

I like QT movies until KILL BILL and anything that QT was involved with after KILL BILL was a total disaster in my book. Now IB is going to come out and already there are mixed reactions.

I think there are people that likes whatever QT does. I mean whatever. And there are critics and people bashing M.Night cause of LADY IN THE WATER, THE HAPPENING. I don't get it.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 03:59:13 PM by Rohan »

shadowbender

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
Quentin Tarantino was on American Idol last week, and they showed some clips of "Inglorious Bastards".