Inglorious Bastards Thread.

Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards Thread.  (Read 12878 times)

AIR NOMAD

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Inglorious Bastards Thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »
Is it normal for directors to release their scripts before the movie comes out?  Or is that a QT thing?

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »
I don't think so. It could be for various reasons, or simply could have leaked!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Saw it last night.....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC  ;D Will make you piss your pants laughing

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »
P.S. Where are you guys?!?! Come on, the movie's been out for over a day, surely you've seen it by now! Let's hear some comments!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »
I have not seen it yet. I don't think I will. Unlike everyone else I don't like everything that QT makes.

I know the movie is from QT's point of view. Let's be real here, what part of Hitler's regime and his policies were meant to be funny. Everything that bastard has done was chaos, bloodshed, poverty and destruction.

Just watch THE PIANIST and VALKYRIE.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:23:43 AM by Rohan »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »
QT isnt about what's meant to be funny. It's about making funof thigns which are not funny in real life. It's ironic
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
QT isnt about what's meant to be funny. It's about making funof thigns which are not funny in real life. It's ironic

I don't know what's the point of making fun of something which isn't funny in real life at all.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 08:45:04 AM »
Ok, forget Quentin effing Tarantino...if he didn't direct this film, it would be just as hilarious and intense. I HAVE liked everything that Tarantino has put out, not because I feel like a have to or something I just do.

And dude, it's not about laughing at the Holocaust, it's about laughing with joy at a group of jewish americans BEATING THE LIVING HELL OUT OF NAZIS!!! Look, we've already seen movies about WWII, and we ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, this is Tarantino doing his "ok, this is SHOULD have happened" to the story. It's a fictional story, it's not meant to be 100% true, its like back in the day when people used to tell tall tales..."Once upon a time, there was this group of hate-mongers called the Nazis that were on their way to eradicating an entire race of people off the planet. But then, a small group of Jewish-American soldiers took it upon themselves to start tracking down Nazis themselves and putting them to justice...BY SMASHING THEIR HEADS IN WITH BASEBALL BATS!" I don't know what else to say, I just think it's really annoying when people judge a movie they haven't seen by what they THINK they're going to morally object to. Come on people, we don't have to be so freaking PC!!! Live a little!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »
Okay. Lets make a movie about holocaust survivors getting back on their feet and start killings Nazi and add funny dialogues. Is that funny, would you watch that movie? I know your point THE_SORCERER, its just a movie, but its just not funny. QT is a like a kid, I know he loves movies, but we don't have to like whatever this guy makes. When I said QT is like a kid I don't mean it in a bad way.

I am saying that there was nothing funny about Nazis, nothing funny about holocaust and nothing funnyand nothing easy for jews to start killing Nazis. I have seen DEFIANCE it is a very powerful movie. And tells the true story of Jews people trying to fight back against Nazis.

This is QT's idea and I don't really agree with him on this.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
This movie was amazing. A masterpiece even.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Okay. Lets make a movie about holocaust survivors getting back on their feet and start killings Nazi and add funny dialogues. Is that funny, would you watch that movie?

Uh, to be honest, I DID watch that movie....that's what this thread is about....AAAAAAAAAAANNNYYYYWAYS, you should really just see the movie and then come up with a comparison....I can say with full confidence that YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT THIS MOVIE IS LIKE!!!!!!! It's nothing like the trailers. NOTHING.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »
Okay. Lets make a movie about holocaust survivors getting back on their feet and start killings Nazi and add funny dialogues. Is that funny, would you watch that movie?

Uh, to be honest, I DID watch that movie....that's what this thread is about....AAAAAAAAAAANNNYYYYWAYS, you should really just see the movie and then come up with a comparison....I can say with full confidence that YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT THIS MOVIE IS LIKE!!!!!!! It's nothing like the trailers. NOTHING.

I will check it out when I get the chance. Right now, I am kind a pissed because they postponed Shutter Island for 2010 release.

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

GASP!  so do you mean its BETTER than the trailers???  I can't wait to see it  ;D ;D ;D

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »

I will check it out when I get the chance. Right now, I am kind a pissed because they postponed Shutter Island for 2010 release.

woa woa woa woa woa.....WWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT?!?!

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
I've seen Inglourious Basterds twice now, and I think it's just as good if not better than Pulp Fiction.