The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.

Author Topic: The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.  (Read 54137 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
That looks really interesting, and something I've been waiting for a while for.  A post-apocalyptic movie where it focuses on how people react to what has gone on.

Exactly. Same feeling here.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
I heard THE ROAD script is well close to the novel "The Road". There are some difficult scenes, I wonder how Hillcoat will shoot the scenes.

For example, the opening scene of the novel. The man wakes up and its pitch dark he wants to make sure that his son still sleeping next to him.

There is no dialogue. But we can hear the man breathing, described.

I was thinking we should a trailer soon.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »
One of the most awaited movies of all time. I am waiting for this movie like a kid standing at his drive way waiting for the Ice Cream van. I recently found these new pictures and thought to share with everyone.

http://www.viggo-works.com/index.php?page=1442

The following are the words of a person who saw the cut of movie

...and it is killer good. There was still some tweaking being done, and it was pre-sound mix/final score/color correction but I was mesmerized. I am one of the 12 people who did not read the book so I had no idea what I was in for. It is some of the finest filmmaking I have seen, and I see everything. It was gut wrenching and brutal and harrowing and beautiful and left me an emotional puddle. Some of the images are tough to live with, but surprisingly and wonderfully, what I am left with weeks later is a profound sense of having enough, plenty, in fact way way more than enough. It?s scary times out there and I, like everyone else, am worried about retirement and providing for my family and basic survival. THE ROAD puts it into perspective ? there are moments of relief that are so simple as to be unnoticeable in our everyday lives, but in extreme situations (like the majority of the world?s population faces every day) those moments become examples of pure grace. A brief moment of shelter, the kindness of a mother, the companionship of a dog transcend all. And I have never seen as beautiful a portrayal of a father?s love for his son. See this movie, and be prepared to have your heart ripped open.

This book is very powerful. It questioned me many times. I pray to GOD everyday for the good sunny day and everyone around me. Its a habit of mine. I have been praying for years now, not cause I read the book. The book is really good, I strongly strongly recommend everyone here to read it.

Another person who saw The movie in an screening :

I recently saw a late-edit of The Road. The much anticipated book was one of the few I've ever bought before release. Even knowing what was going to happen I was transfixed with fascination--revolted and affirmed at the same time. The end brought me to tears. Even in a fairly raw state, i thought it was a great movie. Though I'll need to see it again on the big screen--and everyone will have to watch it--even if only once, It might be too emotionally exhausting to see more than once.

They're the users from IMDB and I thought to share their idea and feedback here with all of us.

One of my friends watch the special screening of the movie in New York. He immediately got back to me and couldn't stop himself praising the movie. The first thing I asked him is about the locations, cinetography and soundtrack. He stated that its all powerful even though there is some editing needs to be done, he was shocked and scared. Emotional and true tear jerker, he said. Now, I cannot wait for the movie. I also heard while ago about its soundtrack and background score is its absolute best.

The Road was supposed to be release on Nov of 2008, but they pushed it and there is no release date yet, except "Early 2009 Release".

Please Read : Left Behind an article for "THE ROAD"  - http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/08/books/review/Kennedy.t.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Rohan

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:54:06 PM by Rohan »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:05 AM »
Cool..sounds like a good movie.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
Cool..sounds like a good movie.

Have you read the book?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »
Nope..would probably be good though. It seems a little hung up on conventional morals though..
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 07:40:42 PM »
Nope..would probably be good though. It seems a little hung up on conventional morals though..

While I was reading the book, some parts are stronger than the bible. Biblical book. How far one man can go to protect his own blood. I will not ruin it for you. When you read the book specially - it will make you ask questions from yourself
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:06:49 PM by Rohan »

shadowbender

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »
Yeah, I've seen "The Road" book a lot at stores. I really need to read the book.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
Yeah, I've seen "The Road" book a lot at stores. I really need to read the book.

I thought you already read the book.

shadowbender

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »

No, I haven't read it. I did state earlier that it sounded interestig, but no, I've never read it.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »

No, I haven't read it. I did state earlier that it sounded interestig, but no, I've never read it.

Are you looking forward to the movie?

shadowbender

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »

Oh yes. Definitely. Sounds like a very powerful and amazing movie.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

Oh yes. Definitely. Sounds like a very powerful and amazing movie.

I am waiting for the Trailor. I think they should come with a teaser at least.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
Any word on the trailer yet?
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

shadowbender

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »
Nope, no word. They don't even have a specific release date for it yet, unfortunately.