The Eye

Author Topic: The Eye  (Read 1963 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
The Eye
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:05:31 AM »
so..i just watched this movie and it was much better than i expected it to be. I would reccomend it. Jessica Alba is actually a pretty serious actor considering the type of movie it is, and that usually makes them good (ie halle berry in gothika, john cusack in 1408, etc). It was actually somewhat remeniscent of the val kilmer movie: At First Sight with a number of horror/ghost movie cliches in it, but it was still pretty tastefully-done.
Basically it's about a young independant blind woman who plays the violin professionally and has her life pretty much together; but at the urging of her sister (for a reason to be revealed later) she undergoes a corneal transplant surgery to regain her sight. Although the procedure is a success, Sydney (jessica alba) begins to experience frightening visions of things no one else can see. She begins to suspect that there is more to her situation than meets the eye (pun intended), and sets off on a suspenseful quest to discover the truth behind her visions. Seeing is believing.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: The Eye
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
Jessica alba is one of my favorites. Is this movie reallly good to watch.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
yeah, if u like ghost films...there isnt a lot of blood or gore. It's prety suspenseful, and subtle too.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
yeah, if u like ghost films...there isnt a lot of blood or gore. It's prety suspenseful, and subtle too.

I will check it out.