Eagle Eye

Author Topic: Eagle Eye  (Read 6558 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Eagle Eye
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »
I liked the movie.

shadowbender

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »
It was spectacular. People said there was no charatcer developement, but that is totally untrue. There was character developement, there was amazing action, the story-line was sweet, the suspense was great, special-effects were spectacular, and the acting was very good. LOVED THE MOVIE.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »
*Spoiler Alert*
(dont worry, the movie was spoiled from the beginning)

ok I just watched eagle eye since so many people were raving about it. And I've got to say this movie was horrible. made no sense at all. I agree with malcom that it was just one deus ex machina and for no reason. I mean what was up with all that running around to get that suitcase when it turned out it was completely unneccesary? or the explosives..i mean come on talk about going around your elbow to get to your thumb... The damned computer hijacked a freaking jet armed with missles just to make sure its incredibly complicated full-of-pitfalls plan wouldnt get out into the news or something? why do u need some nobody to try to sneak in some far-fetched sci fi explosive created only for the movie, when you have all the missles of the nation at your command?
The end was alright...like the last 4 or 5 minutes. I also liked what the Secretary of Defense (michael chiklis? gimme a f(*^in break!) said at the end "Sometimes the very measures we put in place to safeguard our liberty become threats to liberty itself." which is very true
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

shadowbender

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 10:38:12 PM »
*Spoiler Alert*
(dont worry, the movie was spoiled from the beginning)

ok I just watched eagle eye since so many people were raving about it. And I've got to say this movie was horrible. made no sense at all. I agree with malcom that it was just one deus ex machina and for no reason. I mean what was up with all that running around to get that suitcase when it turned out it was completely unneccesary? or the explosives..i mean come on talk about going around your elbow to get to your thumb... The damned computer hijacked a freaking jet armed with missles just to make sure its incredibly complicated full-of-pitfalls plan wouldnt get out into the news or something? why do u need some nobody to try to sneak in some far-fetched sci fi explosive created only for the movie, when you have all the missles of the nation at your command?
The end was alright...like the last 4 or 5 minutes. I also liked what the Secretary of Defense (michael chiklis? gimme a f(*^in break!) said at the end "Sometimes the very measures we put in place to safeguard our liberty become threats to liberty itself." which is very true

Horrible?! You've got to be kidding me?! You say it's unrealistic? That's why they call it "fiction". And it wasn't all that unrealistic. And what's wrong with Michael Chiklis? I know he was the Thing and all and it's funny to see him playing the Secretary of Defense, but he's a good actor! Sorry for my arguments, but I loved this movie.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »
Sorry, but one thing that HAS to make sense is fiction. it should at least be logical based upon the rules of the world in which it is set.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 01:53:47 AM »
I'm with you, Namaste. 100%.

shadowbender

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »
Sorry, but one thing that HAS to make sense is fiction. it should at least be logical based upon the rules of the world in which it is set.

I agree, but it's also interesting to see what could happen.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »

I get that point, but it's silly when a movie tries to be gritty and vivid and real, but contains all sorts of stuff that really really can't happen. It would have been better if it was set in the future -- it would have been more believable. But even that doesn't erase the logic errors that Namaste pointed out.

shadowbender

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 06:57:33 PM »

I get that point, but it's silly when a movie tries to be gritty and vivid and real, but contains all sorts of stuff that really really can't happen. It would have been better if it was set in the future -- it would have been more believable. But even that doesn't erase the logic errors that Namaste pointed out.

You have a point there, but you never know. Maybe the whole thing is possible.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »
it's not a question of possible..it's just that a super computer wouldnt be that dumb and sentimental and creative. It would have just completed it's task in the most logical way possible. It's possible for me to open up an online dictionary and copy/paste all the words im using into this post, rather than typing them...but what's the point?

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
"If You Want Blood (You've Got It)"  ;D

shadowbender

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
Saw Eagle Eye again. The movie is so worth the second time. Fantastic movie.