The World of the Paranormal

Author Topic: The World of the Paranormal  (Read 7579 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: The World of the Paranormal
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »
Universe is mysterious. If there are books out there about universe or possibility of other life. There are lots of things, we are not aware about. There are many things we still need to know.

We have not landed on Mars yet as far as I know. No human, I mean.

unlimited6

• The Sixth Sense

• Personal Text
    you get what you get because you do what you do.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:20 PM »
I love ghosts and the like. I am anew fan to paranormal state on a and e network. Its on mon nights at 10. Yes I know it's been a longggggg damn time since ive been here...lol
Tell me the story about why you're sad. cole sear-"the sixth sense"

shadowbender

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
I don't believe in anything paranormal really. I think if we were gonna' get any kind of evidence we would have it by now. Well as far as ghosts or spirits go or w/e.

I believe in aliens though. Arn't scientists at the point where they think it's like almost impossible that they don't exist?

Steinmansbrain, go on YouTube, and type in "ghost videos", and you'll find some pretty shocking stuff. Be careful though, some videos are fake and they'll just try to freak you out. And there is still a lot to learn about within our world and the universe.

I believe in ghosts, aliens, all that stuff.

And Rohan, I agree with you that "Close Encounters" is a wonderful paranormal film. Great movie.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe getting possessed, EXORCIST way. Thats a disease and religious people claim there is a evil inside you. The reason I don't believe in ghosts as they are only in stories and no one seen them in person. Yes, I have heard stories and read that people encountered Ghosts before. Mind is a very unique thing, it creates things. It creates ideas, faces. The more you think of the ghost, the real it becomes to you.

The reason you will think about the ghost is because we've heard about it everywhere. Possible shapes and their power. It is scary sometimes to think of them and its fun when you're with friends and share some ghost stories.

It is also fun to watch movies about them. The best ghost movie is - The Sixth Sense.

mamasan

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe getting possessed, EXORCIST way. Thats a disease and religious people claim there is a evil inside you. The reason I don't believe in ghosts as they are only in stories and no one seen them in person. Yes, I have heard stories and read that people encountered Ghosts before. Mind is a very unique thing, it creates things. It creates ideas, faces. The more you think of the ghost, the real it becomes to you.

The reason you will think about the ghost is because we've heard about it everywhere. Possible shapes and their power. It is scary sometimes to think of them and its fun when you're with friends and share some ghost stories.

It is also fun to watch movies about them. The best ghost movie is - The Sixth Sense.

The reason The Sixth Sense was such a fab ghost story is that it really wasn't about ghosts, ya' know what I mean?

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »
I don't believe in anything paranormal really. I think if we were gonna' get any kind of evidence we would have it by now.

LOL..so steinman believes we already know everything there is to know about the universe.

Erm I did qualify that...

Lol infact the very next sentence was dedicated entirely to the qualification of it ("Well as far as ghosts or spirits go or w/e.")

I don't believe in anything paranormal really. I think if we were gonna' get any kind of evidence we would have it by now. Well as far as ghosts or spirits go or w/e.

I believe in aliens though. Arn't scientists at the point where they think it's like almost impossible that they don't exist?

Steinmansbrain, go on YouTube, and type in "ghost videos", and you'll find some pretty shocking stuff. Be careful though, some videos are fake and they'll just try to freak you out. And there is still a lot to learn about within our world and the universe.

I believe in ghosts, aliens, all that stuff.

And Rohan, I agree with you that "Close Encounters" is a wonderful paranormal film. Great movie.

Yeah man I've done that once before but never really believed any were real.

I mean wouldn't it be all over the news if someone had actual evidence of a ghost?? It would be like one of the most important discoveries ever!

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »
The lack of evidence of an occurence does not make it any less real. Do you have evidence that you like the things you like or that you feel the way you feel? I agree we can't call something a scientific fact without evidence, but science does not yet (and might never) describe and define everything that exists.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

shadowbender

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »
I agree Namaste. Just because the news lacks in showing the evidence of the paranormal, it doesn't mean it isn't real.

Once, I went to a paranormal event, and two famous paranormal researchers came in and showed us some fascinating and shocking things. These guys have been all over T.V., even on "Larry King LIVE". They said a movie was being made about them and one of their experiences, and they first told us that indeed, the mind can trick you, and there are people out there that that try to scam you with things involving the paranormal. They said there were tons of unprofessional researchers out there, and sometimes they'll give you the wrong idea.

HOWEVER, they showed us some of the best evidence I've ever seen. Once they were in a building that was said to be haunted, and while they were there, the researchers and some other people were actually listening to this whole conversation of invisible entities, and they caught this on a recording, and I got to listen to it. They believe that these were two Native American spirits talking with each other, for the voice seems to be in a Native American language.

Another piece of shocking evidence is what they caught on tape and something they told us. They had seen a chair move by itself, in the most little way as possible. This was strange because a chair, in that position, could not have moved through the obstacle in it's path.

Something else frightening was actually not an experience the two investigators had experienced, but one of their colleagues, and he had caught something through EVP. The recording had a ghostly, frightening voice saying "Get out", and you could here the researcher running out of the building. This was scary and shocking, and they had encountered other things as well.

The event was amazing, and I wish I could show you guys the evidence they gave. Fascinating.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:17 PM »
Reminds me of that scene in white noise..probably one of the most frightening scenes ever in a movie (even the 2nd and 3rd time you see it) When the main character is messing around on the fat guy's machines and the "bad ghosts" come through and start yelling at him, etc
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
White Noise never scared me. I didn't enjoyed it at all.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »
If you're really interested in the paranormal, I just came accross a great website. It's the skeptic's dictionary, but it talks a lot about paranormal topics. You could at least use it to get familiar with the vocabulary of the discipline.

http://www.skepdic.com/contents.html

shadowbender

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
Cool website. Of course, I don't like the skeptic part of it, but it tells some interesting stories.