Syriana

Author Topic: Syriana  (Read 1440 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Syriana
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:10:26 AM »
Just watched it tonight. Very real movie..almost gives a documentary feeling, except that you are in places filmmakers would never be allowed; seeing the private dirty side of royalty, religious leaders, politicians, lawyers and businessmen. It could well have been based on a true story, as it doesn't take us in only one single direction or follow only one story. The lack of a traditional plot makes it unique, but this is also the movie's weak point. The broad focus makes a waste of some very good actors (george clooney, matt damon, jeffrey wright[the crossword guy from LITW], William Hurt[Mr.Walker from The Village], amanda peet, and alexander siddig) There isn't nearly enough characterization, so you don't get involved with the characters which makes their performances fall flat (at least considering their potential) The writer obviously knows a lot about the middle east and the interplay between big oil, the US Govt and the arabic culture because he had deep insight into their situation. Over all I'd reccomend watching it if you have the time. It's a dramatic, yet realistic view of an important world culture.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Syriana
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »
I saw some parts of the movie when I had HBO about few months back. It is actually a very realistic movie. Very horrific scene when George Clooney is getting beat up in the room.