A sequel

Author Topic: A sequel  (Read 2282 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
A sequel
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »
Untitled Batman Project;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

A sequel to The Dark Knight is in production, probably lead by Christopher Nolan. What do you guys think of this? I really hope that this is not true actually. I'll explain why.

Christopher Nolan made The Prestige between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He got his mind off Batman and made a new movie. In this way, he had a lot of inspiration for The Dark Knight, which if you ask me, totally topped Batman Begins.
The history of sequels learned me that it's better to make a sequel not imediately after the first movie, but wait until the director made another movie.

To give more exemples;
The Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum by Paul Greengrass. Paul wrote and directed United 93 between those. He had his mind on something else, before making the last part of the trilogy. Result, a better movie than Supremacy.
Bad Boys. Between the first and the second movie, Michael Bay made (I think) three movies. Now, I won't say that Bad Boys 2 is actualy better because I cannot chose between them. I think they're both great! But after that many movies, Bay at least has the same level of movies.

So to put my theory short, do you also think a director has to do another project before making a sequel?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: A sequel
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
I think you make a good point on an artistic level, but with a huge-grossing movie like TDK, the producers might as well just comission another 2 hours to be added onto it (if that were possible now that Ledger has passed), because the main objective in modern big-budget films is to make money. I see a lot of musicians and directors who fall into that trap and just keep putting out the same thing over and over trying to capitalize on their first success.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
Nothing is remotely official yet. Chris Nolan has already expressed that he is not looking to make a sequel at the moment.

No worries.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »
Chistopher Nolan is one of the talented directors in Hollywood today. I think he should try directing somethin totaly different. May be not a superhero movie. I mean he should take on a different subject and characters. He can come up with a sequel or another batman movie in few years. I would like to see another batman movie after 4 four years at least. If we look closely, there are other superhero movies 'IronMan' - 'Hulk' - "Hancock" - "Spider Man" that I am sure will be released during the period of 4 years.

-Rohan

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »
Chris Nolan has already expressed that he is not looking to make a sequel at the moment.

And he would know  ;x
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

shadowbender

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:40 PM »
Another "Batman" movie would really be amazing. Although, I do think this is a rumor, though. There has been no word or official announcements on a sequel, just rumors and talks. But they have this on IMDb, which is interesting. I'm sure further information on the sequel will be released soon.