Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 38010 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Avatar
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »
I have a question. If anyone can answer it.

On tv spots it says - in 3D. Means that we must get that 3D glasses to watch this movie or just sit and watch it?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
If you see it in a 3D theater you will be given glasses. It will also be playing in tradition 2D theaters.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
If you see it in a 3D theater you will be given glasses. It will also be playing in tradition 2D theaters.

Cool. Thanks, Malcome.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »
Review.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=29953

Who cares what this guy thinks. Even though Cameron came after 12 years, at least he came with something different.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 12:13:55 AM »
2nd Avatar review.

http://www.joblo.com/2nd-review-avatar

I haven't seen AVATAR yet and this friday I will be standing in the line with my ticket in my hand. The reason I am sharing this 2nd review cause I think that it is a very honest review. I had this feeling since the trailers were out. All the hype for nothing, but it is still a stunning movie. I respect JC a lot for his vision and daring heart to make different movies so its going to be my second reason I am watching Avatar this friday.

shadowbender

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
Another review. Ebert calls Avatar "extraordinary".

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091211/REVIEWS/912119998

I am PUMPED for Avatar! Cannot wait for what should be a fantastic, epic movie.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
I'm excited too. I got my ticket yesterday. I'm seeing it Saturday at 6:45. I can't wait.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »
That was a very nice review.

shadowbender

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
My Review For [/i]Avatar[/i]

Ah, at last the wait is over for "Avatar". And let me tell you right now, it was certainly worth it.

"Avatar" opens up with a compelling narrative by Jake Sully, and soon we are introduced to the lustrous and amazing world of Pandora. It is there that we come upon the concept of "Avatars", which, as probably all of you know, is a clone of the Na'Vi aliens that's controlled by the mind of a human. Jake is up for it all, and so we begin the adventure. Jake wakes in his Avatar once entering his machine. It is then that he goes along with other humans as they try to get close in-contact with the natives of Pandora. Jake encounters stunning creatures, and journeys though the spectacular jungles and sites of the alien world. He meets Neytiri, whom later in the film, he falls in love with. Every moment of Avatar is astounding and terrific.

Let me just say right now that the skeptics of this movie's visual effects are dead wrong. Throughout the movie, you'll be amazed at the visual wonder and achievement James Cameron brought to the Na'Vi. You clearly see on their beautiful sapphire faces every skin particle, vein, and facial expression on the alien creatures. This truly is revolutionary technology that James Cameron and the other visual artists brought to cinema.

Imagine my excitement when my beheld the magnificent life on Pandora. The world is so incredibly colorful and vivid, it really blew me away. The pure imagination in this movie is something that every moviegoer should greatly appreciate. Simply put, the world of Pandora-the plant life, creatures, water, everything-is stunningly beautiful.

The emotional range in "Avatar" is also fantastic. The actors bring to the table a wonderful portrayal of their characters. Particularly in the end of the movie, the acting is terrific. Like you probably read in other reviews, you really will care for the characters. Also, I think what people have been saying about Sam Worthington is correct: He's a rising super-star. With this and "Clash of the Titans" coming up, you would expect him to be huge in Hollywood.

The action and adventure are also tremendously exciting and awesome. Whether it's flying on their dragon-like companions, falling through a jungle, or running away from epic explosions, "Avatar" delivers a stunning action/adventure aspect to this film. I second viewing in 3-D is what I intend to do in the future, and I can imagine what will be yet another incredible experience with "Avatar".

If there's any kind of complaint with "Avatar", it's the music. In all honesty, there's nothing quite intriguing in this area. While I enjoyed most of the music based on the Na'Vi culture, everything seemed somewhat flat compared to other movie soundtracks. However, there's enough to keep the story and events exciting.

Years from now, "Avatar" will be looked upon as one of those epic, spectacular films that made a mark on cinematic history. It's among films like The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter-the movies that are ones to be hugely anticipated as you wait for the sequel. What it all comes down to is that "Avatar" is a magnificent film.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »
I agree. It's a fantastic movie. I'm definitely going to see it again.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2009, 12:51:31 AM »
...told you so ;)

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »
wait...ROHAN...you DIDN'T see it in IMAX 3D?!?! Dude...you have no idea what the 3D does to this movie! I won't even say anything about it....just trust me, it's WEEEEEEEEEEELL worth the 15 bucks!!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
Finally I saw AVATAR and yes I did watched in IMAX. I went their and then thought you know what I want this in IMAX and I made the right decision. I really don't know what to say and where to start. I wanted James cameron to prove me wrong and he did prove me wrong. I will start with Sam Worthington - a very nice performance and stayed true to his character. I am impressed.

I am impressed 110% guys. I don't know what to say. The colors, Pandora, the people, the alians, the beauty of Neytiri, horses, dragons, to jelly flies, to leaves, grasses, rocks, mountains, water falls, aircrafts, war, music, emotion everything is there in details. Very carefully made. And speaking of emotion, I read an review the other day that it is not emotional. It is a very emotional movie.

This must be experienced in IMAX. Not on DVD. Please watch it on the big screen. In a way it isn't a movie, but a experience. I have always heard from people that they bought their tickets when STAR WARS came out. Now I can tell my kids in future that I bought my ticket for AVATAR.

My hats off to JAMES CAMERON.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »
well said sir

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't particularly care for Avatar a tremendous lot. Don't get me wrong. It's a gigantic accomplishment when it comes to special effects. But I thought it was a really good movie, but could've been a truly great one. The only thing that was wrong with it in my opinion was the character development. If Cameron had devoted twenty or thirty more minutes of character development in the first half then this would've been an instant classic. That's what worked about Titanic I think. Build the characters up before all the hell breaks loose. But with Avatar, there was hardly any backstory or anything on anyone. Where were those quiet scenes where we really see the characters connecting?

Really good, but not great.