The Book Of Eli

Author Topic: The Book Of Eli  (Read 14954 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
The Book Of Eli
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »
I heard about this last year and then I thought Denzel would refuse the offer. I was wrong, the dude actually listened to his son once again and actually started shooting the movie. I haven't read the book so don't know where this character wants to head, all I know about the plot is that he is trying his best to protect the last book or the most important one that holds the key to mankind's survival.

Personally, I love these kind of stories I have to say that i cannot wait for this also.

And we kind of got lucky to have our eyes feast on some first images from the location in New Mexico unlike THE ROAD, its trailer hardly released few days ago. You click the link below to view the slideshow and you can also read about it. SPOILER FREE.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/l090527_eli/flash.htm?gid=1018&aid=4756

More

BBC goes on the sets.

http://abqstudios.com/ABQStudios_BBC.htm

Studio

http://www.abqstudios.com/

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:11:08 PM by Rohan »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: The Book Of Eli
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:16 PM »
Some Pictures.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
I remember hearing about this a while back. Sounds really interesting. I love movies like this.

shadowbender

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 10:52:25 AM »
Yeah, I heard about this a while ago. And then, I wasn't too sure how it would turn out. But after seeing this poster, it looks really awesome. Very excited.

Oh, and this is kinda off-topic, but I was reading an article on Denzel Washington, and apparently, he's a really caring guy. Once, he was walking down the street, and there was a homeless man on he street. Most people just passed him by, but Denzel pulled out a $100 bill and gave it to the man. There were tears in his eyes, and he grabbed a random person on the street and said "Will Smith just gave me $100!" Hehe. :D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »
Yeah, I heard about this a while ago. And then, I wasn't too sure how it would turn out. But after seeing this poster, it looks really awesome. Very excited.

Oh, and this is kinda off-topic, but I was reading an article on Denzel Washington, and apparently, he's a really caring guy. Once, he was walking down the street, and there was a homeless man on he street. Most people just passed him by, but Denzel pulled out a $100 bill and gave it to the man. There were tears in his eyes, and he grabbed a random person on the street and said "Will Smith just gave me $100!" Hehe. :D

Are you serious?

That's nice of Mr. Washington.

I can't wait for this movie. It will be awesome.

shadowbender

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »
Yeah, seriously.

Washington sounds like a nice guy.

This movie should be really, really nice.

StudioSpy

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »
too bad the movies release date is the "dumping ground" usually reserved for awful movies

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »
too bad the movies release date is the "dumping ground" usually reserved for awful movies

I know what you are talking about and if the movie is good. It may earn some good cash in the box office. I think they have no choice. Other big movies are releasing towards the end of 2009 and some are going to be ready for Oscars.

The other reason they won't release it this year, cause THE ROAD is due on October. And both movies have same theme/Genre. I was thinking what if THE ROAD,I AM LEGEND and BOOK OF ELI releases in same here only 3 months apart on release dates.

Anyways, I hope they don't push the release date for later in 2010, I really want to watch this movie.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »
I can't wait for this movie.  Denzel Washington is my all time favorite actor!

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 10:13:30 PM »
I am excited because of Gary Oldman!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
I am excited because of Gary Oldman!!

He is great. I love his character in TDK. Really focused actor. Not a movie star, but ACTOR.

shadowbender

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
Gary Oldman is a hero. He was great when he was Sirius Black and he was great when he was Lieutenant Gordon.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »
Gary Oldman is a hero. He was great when he was Sirius Black and he was great when he was Lieutenant Gordon.

I agree. He was so great as Sirius. Especially in the 5th movie!! And his Lieutenant Gordon is brilliant. Just brilliant. He is also great in Air Force One.  8)

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »

I agree. He was so great as Sirius. Especially in the 5th movie!! And his Lieutenant Gordon is brilliant. Just brilliant. He is also great in Air Force One.  8)

As Lieutenant Gordon, you can't tell that he is acting. So focused. Imagine him working with M.Night...that would be awesome.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »
I really like those costumes. Looks pretty cool.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.