The Book Of Eli

Author Topic: The Book Of Eli  (Read 14953 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: The Book Of Eli
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »
Hey, you're right Rohan. It IS a Bible that he's carrying. I still don't believe Hollywood has anything good to say about the Bible, however.

;D Yep, it is a bible. I had to replay the trailer 3 times. There is a cross on the cover. So why do you think they are after the bible?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:39:33 PM by Rohan »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
they also flash excerpts fromt he Bible on the screen. AND he quotes the Bible sometimes. I think the Bible, at that point, may be something of a legend as most copies would have been destroyed or lost. Legendary objects have an indescribable value and merit great feats to obtain them. It could be just that. People also attribute mythological or susperstitious powers to legendary objects; like luck, power, protection, etc. One guy calls the book "a weapon".
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
they also flash excerpts fromt he Bible on the screen. AND he quotes the Bible sometimes. I think the Bible, at that point, may be something of a legend as most copies would have been destroyed or lost. Legendary objects have an indescribable value and merit great feats to obtain them. It could be just that. People also attribute mythological or susperstitious powers to legendary objects; like luck, power, protection, etc. One guy calls the book "a weapon".

I see what you mean. It has a interesting plot and looks fresh to me.

shadowbender

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »

I see what you mean. It has a interesting plot and looks fresh to me.

Indeed. I'm religious, and this really gets me pumped. A man fighting to protect the Bible is a splendid premise. This movie obviously will have a fantastic lesson, and will also have a great share of some superb action sequences. The acting looks terrific as well.

I LOVED that new trailer by the way. I get chills. I'm seriously excited for what surely will be an awesome film.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
I agree with you Shadowbender. Eli's goal is to protect the book that holds the key to survive humanity. It kind of takes us back to stone age or I should say dark ages when the world needed a prophet and messenger. That's why I think Eli's dialogues are saying he is sent by God and he is willing to protect the book no matter what. He is like a different prophet and messenger not the one that heals, but one who will cut your arm and you are not going to get it back. Interesting ah?

I can't wait.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
Check out the official site. Pretty cool. Love the music.

http://thebookofeli.warnerbros.com/

Don't forget to check out the LOOK OF ELI - very cool comic type paintings and the actual scenes from the movie.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Eh, I don't know. Just looks like another brainless Hollywood action film to me. And some of the backgrounds looked kind of fake. I don't know. I was curious whenever I first read the premise on it a year ago, but now I'm kinda disappointed that it looks like I Am Legend 2. I like the actors though. Denzel Washinton's always been a favorite of mine, and I like Gary Oldman too. I didn't recognize him in the trailer at first. He looks insane.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 02:23:56 AM »
Just saw THE BOOK OF ELI. One of the first movie of 2010 and it was on my list a year ago when I first heard about HUGH bros coming back with this project. I am impressed in every aspect. Very thought provoking piece. Very well directed, performed. It is hard to kind a swallow the taste of bitter truth. I do believe what the story is telling us.

Action is awesome. Dialogues are awesome. Denzel impresses yet again and Mila Kunis is great as well. Gary Oldman what can I say about him - he is damn good.

Please pay attention to the dialogues and don't just sit watch the action. This one gets to the point. I know many didn't see THE ROAD, but this one is released widely in theatres and don't miss it.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
I just never really had an interest in seeing it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
I just never really had an interest in seeing it.

Then you are missing a wonderful piece of film making. :-)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
I guess, I'll probably end up seeing it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't know.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
I guess, I'll probably end up seeing it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't know.

You will like it. Very stylish, great dialogues, action and great plot as well.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
This movie was plain ol bad for me.

Gary Oldman was fantastic, and Denzel was good. But man... what a retarded plot; directed, shot, edited and scored very very poorly IMO.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
This movie was plain ol bad for me.

Gary Oldman was fantastic, and Denzel was good. But man... what a retarded plot; directed, shot, edited and scored very very poorly IMO.

You are really funny ;D

what a retarded plot; directed, shot, edited and scored very very poorly IMO

I hope you weren't expecting AVATAR in this.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »
I wasn't expecting anything really.

I had major issues with almost every aspect of filmmaking in this movie though. It doesn't matter if it wasn't trying to be Avatar or not - poor filmmaking is poor filmmaking.

This is just my opinion, of course.