Author Topic: Avatar Teaser Trailer  (Read 7504 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Avatar Teaser Trailer
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »
I know M.Night isn't happy with his aliens and who knows one day he makes another Alien movie and he improves it. My point is not particularly CGI. My piont is how we humans picture and imagine aliens. We imagine them as reptiles and many other shapes and sizes. M.night's Alien is something that gives you a reasonable and accurate idea of how ALIENS might look like. And same thing with DISCTRICT 9.

The ALIEN movies that you are talking about is creative, but they look like grass hoppers. Flies. I think thats funny. No disrespect to Ridley Scott. And if you are talking about those Aliens and Robots in STAR WARS, that kind a made me laugh. George Lucas made those for kids and that's why kids love those action figures till date. Those are not realistic aliens.

A valid point sir...

I thought the design of the alien in Signs was alright, but the truth is we have ABSOLUTELY no idea what aliens would look like, so we have no basis for comparision. I'm a big fan of scary alien movies, and the ones that scared me the most and made the biggest impact on my life were the ones that looked the most ridiculous haha (excluding the star wars aliens, OF COURSE they're for kids, but they still look great)!!! And just the entire last scene of Signs annoys the hell out of me....not the part with him trying to revive his son, but the part with MERRILL FIGHTING THE ALIEN WITH A BASEBALL BAT!!! just everything in that scene is dumb dumb DUMB.

;D  - DUMB DUMB DUMB - MERRILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE POOR ALIEN.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »
I like the colors and the sets and locations in AVATAR the way JC visioned it. It's really impressive and his imagination is beautiful. I am really underwhelmed by CGI though.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Ok, so what I'm thinking is Avatar is going to require us to be kids again...I think if everyone goes in there thinking about how real the cg is gonna look (which EVERYONE will and already are planning on it haha) then they might be disappointed, but if we go in with that suspension of disbelief that we all had as a kid (which I think everyone will a few years after they've @#$%&ed about how it didn't look as real as james cameron said it was going to), I really think this might be a mind blowing experience.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »
I am speechless guys. Check out the new 3 minute trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQkTQ1foSU

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »
interesting...it's certainly a new level of CGI. It's a daring effort, and if anyone can pull it off, it's Cameron.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »
interesting...it's certainly a new level of CGI. It's a daring effort, and if anyone can pull it off, it's Cameron.

I have to agree with you, Namaste. Action looks superb. I can't wait for this.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
I really don't know what to expect from this movie.However,I agree that Cameron is the perfect director for it.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
I am going to watch it cause of the director's passion for film making and every times he comes with a fresh idea and his fresh contribution to cinema and film industry.

I have a question, on TV spot it says AVATAR in 3D. Is that where you have to put on 3D glasses? Or there will be different screening too beside 3D?

Thanks

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »

I have a question, on TV spot it says AVATAR in 3D. Is that where you have to put on 3D glasses? Or there will be different screening too beside 3D?

Thanks

The second.If you want to see the 3d version,then you'll have to go to specific theatres (where the movie is only in 3d and they give you the glasses).Otherwise,you go to an usual theatre.
"Welcome to The Cove"

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
Ok so it's been a few weeks since the trailer was released and I have watched a number of featurettes and know considerably more sbout Avatar than I did when I started this thread.

My expectations of it have changed a little.

I no longer think it will have a great story or script. I watched Titanic again a few nights ago and the dialogue is pretty poor and a little cheesey (in my opinion).

The mineral they are mining on planet Pandora in Avatar is called 'Unobtainium'. Is that not a bit silly? I mean maybe I'm not understanding this is that a real term?

Anyway it's not just that - it's a combination of things that's leading me to believe the dialogue will be a little bit cliched and a little bit old fashioned maybe? (I don't think I've really liked the dialogue in any film Jim's wrote and I don't think that will change with Avatar).

So now I'm just hoping the action will be good - and I'm pretty convinced it will be. I think it will look spectacular and I think it will be very entertaining. And I suppose there's nothing wrong with that occassionally you know I love Star Wars and that's pretty much all style no substance.

Just means it isn't going to be the classic I thought it was :(

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:30:44 AM »
I'm soooo excited about this, it's ridiculous!  :o :o ;D ;D