Paranormal Activity

Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  (Read 3096 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Paranormal Activity
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
I can't believe nobody has brought this movie up yet. Has anyone on here besides me seen it yet? If not, I recommend seeing it as quickly as you can. I'm not one to get frightened by movies easily at all, but this movie seriously creeped me out. I had no choice but to be scared.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
Is this really scary?

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
Yes. Going into it you're saying to yourself "This won't scare me, it's just a movie" and for a while, even during the earlier "scary" bits, you'll believe it. But the longer it goes on the more the sense of dread builds up and by the last ten minutes (which are worth the price of admission by themselves) you can't believe how much you're actually getting scared.

And then good luck sleeping.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:50 AM »
Saw it. Wasn't scared.  :-\

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:04 PM »
Co-workers in the office are going crazy. They're saying they could not sleep for 2 days.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:21:24 AM »
I don't understand people - I really don't. The stuff in the movie is way to silly to ever haunt me. Whatevs. People seem to be genuinely freaked out though.  :-\

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »
I don't understand people - I really don't. The stuff in the movie is way to silly to ever haunt me. Whatevs. People seem to be genuinely freaked out though.  :-\

I haven't seen it yet and that's cause I haven't seen any good promotional trailer or tv spot good enough to convince me.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
For the most part its pretty stupid...but there are a couple scenes that are like "holy #@!*!"

Hey guy above who said the ending was worth the price of admission...you can pm it to me so there aren't any spoilers, but i'm curious as to what ending you saw, cause I watched it online and it had a different ending, so I read what the theatrical ending was and it sounded like the stupidest thing ive ever seen.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »
I wanna see it!!
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »
There's 3 different endings to the movie. The one in the theater was hands-down the best, if a little too Hollywood.

I didn't think the movie was that terrifying -- but the last 10-20 minutes were intense!  :o