Your Favorite Trivia

Author Topic: Your Favorite Trivia  (Read 2390 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Your Favorite Trivia
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:10:25 PM »
I think this is going to be fun. So far these are my favorite movie trivias. If I find something more interesting I will post.

John Hillcoat filmed the soft-drink vending-machine scene with Man and Boy several times, each with a different brand beverage, out of concern that Coca-Cola executives would not want their product to appear in the motion picture. A telephone call from Viggo Mortensen to the president of Coca-Cola secured permission for a can of Coca-Cola to appear, consistent with the source novel. - The Road

With the exception of the famous actors, every person we see fired in the film is not an actor but a real life recently laid off person. The filmmakers put out ads in St. Louis and Detroit posing as a documentary crew looking to document the effect of the recession. When people showed up, they were instructed to treat the camera like the person who fired them and respond as they did or use the opportunity to say what they wished they had.
- Up In The Air

It's Mel Gibson's hands that nail Christ to the cross during the Crucifixion scene. The decision for his small cameo in the film was explained by a quote from Gibson who said "It was me that put him on the cross. It was my sins [who put him there]." - The Passion Of The Christ

On the first day of general release, Ash Wednesday, Peggy Scott, a 56 year old advertising sales manager from Wichita, Kansas collapsed of apparent heart failure while watching the crucifixion scene. She later died at the hospital. - The Passion Of The Christ

At the end, Jess is shown putting on a The Last Airbender (2010) backpack and her school bus has the number 2010 written on the front, references to M. Night Shyamalan's next movie
- The Happening

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:29:35 PM by Rohan »

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
Re: Your Favorite Trivia
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:31:08 AM »
Cool topic.

James Cromwell became a Vegan at the age of 55 after shooting Babe.

The 20th Century Fox introduction at the start of 'Sunshine' is played backwards so that the camera starts with the big picture and eventually ends in the distance - slowly zooming into the spaceship. Director Danny Boyle said no-one notices it because the music is still playing forward. Interestingly he also believes "70%" of what we feel about a film is down to the music (I concur).

John Candy reportedly said to Steven Spielburgh "I liked that one you did about the fish" referring to Jaws, Spielburgh subsequently hired him for a role "1941".

In Pan's Labrynth, in the scene where the Commandant is trying to fix his watch in the pantry, you can see behind him there are some giant cogs. Director Guillermo Del Torro said he was alluding to the idea that the Commandent is trying to fix the problem from within the problem itself - suggesting why he is lacking perspective on the civil war he is fighting in (watch the directors commentary for that movie - it's brilliant).

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
I like the Pan's Labrynth trivia. Nice.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:11:25 AM »
There is just too much to post here. Maybe when I have more time...
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:17:27 AM »
Friends:
When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner.
(Matt plays Joey)

:D
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
Friends:
When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner.
(Matt plays Joey)

:D

Nice. Hot Dinner...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »
The Joker's face paint was reportedly designed by Heath Ledger himself, who used white clown makeup and cosmetics from a drugstore. Once his design was approved, the makeup team was responsible for replicating the look each day for filming.