Up in the Air

Author Topic: Up in the Air  (Read 1623 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Up in the Air
« on: December 28, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »
Anyone seen it yet? I loved it. It has a really hopeful and inspiring message about today's economy and still manages to have a pretty unconventional conclusion (ie NOT a typical Hollywood romantic ending). It was an excellent film. George Clooney also gave the best performance thus far in his career, although that isn't saying a TREMENDOUS lot. To me, he's kind of like Jack Nicholson. He plays the same character in 95% of the films he's in just because that's what the story calls for. Someone really charismatic and easy to listen to, but, like Nicholson, every once in a while he'll truly go INTO a role, which is what he did here I think.

Sure, there's some of that George Clooney we're all familiar with (like Nicholson) but that's not a bad thing. He played the part wonderfully. Everyone did a great job with the film, particularly the director. Jason Reitman's getting better and better I think. Kudos to him and his team.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Up in the Air
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22:23 PM »
I had wanted to watch this movie, but never had the time, I will definately be renting it when it comes out on DVD.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village