The Wolfman

Author Topic: The Wolfman  (Read 4575 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
The Wolfman
« on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
Anyone else at least SLIGHTLY looking forward to this? I wasn't at first, but I listened to bits of the soundtrack here http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=vsd-302-067-010-2 and then read a couple of reviews on the movie which were incredibly positive, so now I'm actually pretty psyched. Anyone else?

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: The Wolfman
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
Never been a fan of "Wolfman", but my favorite actors are involved in this movie. Benecia Del toro, A.Hopkins, Hugo and others. I think this will be the wolfman that might change my mind and my feelings that I have about the concept of this project. I just never been a fan and never cared about the
Wolfman movies. The trailers do look good and "Del toro" always impresses me and I'm pretty sure this will be a good movie.

I'm not going to watch it on big screen as I'm eagerly waiting for "Shutter Island" and Wolfman will be the movie I will catch on DVD/Blue Ray when it's released.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
I'm pretty pumped about Shutter Island too. But yeah, I love the original Wolfman movie, but it's the only one I've seen. I've never seen any of the sequels. My favorite of the "classic" Universal monster movies though would have to be the original Frankenstein. I've seen it a lot.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »
Don't like horrors so much,but this movie looks so well-done and realistic.The trailer is stunning in that way.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
The trailers look good, but like I stated before Shutter Island is one movie I have been waiting for since I read the novel. Twisting, crazy, mystery and sick story that will stir your brains in words, tricks and then leaves with a very satisfying conclusion.

Leo is perfect for the character.....

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
Leo's perfect for just about anything.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
Leo's perfect for just about anything.

I agree with you. That guy is perfect in every role. He picks pretty awesome scripts.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Back on topic, my dad saw the original when he was a kid, he slept in an unfinished basement by himself then, it scared him so bad.  The movie does look good, but I probably won't see it, I'm not into horror films.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Back on topic, my dad saw the original when he was a kid, he slept in an unfinished basement by himself then, it scared him so bad.  The movie does look good, but I probably won't see it, I'm not into horror films.

;D - that was funny about your dad I mean in a good way. And, you don't like horror films? I am a little bit surprised.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »
Yeah, I know.  I guess it would be better to say that I don't like slasher films.  Psychological thrillers, like Shutter Island and The Sixth Sense, I do like.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
Yeah, most slasher films are pretty awful. The only two good ones are the original Halloween and the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Those two are classics.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »
Well, just got back from The Wolfman... correction. The first HOUR of The Wolfman. We walked out. It was that awful. Truly atrocious.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
Well, just got back from The Wolfman... correction. The first HOUR of The Wolfman. We walked out. It was that awful. Truly atrocious.

WHAT?   ???

Would you please explain it at least?

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Well, we all know that the film was plagued with production problems and that it was delayed for nearly a year.. well, the film shows that. It's nearly incoherent and not entertaining in the slightest fashion. The editing is all over the place, trying to make a movie out of the horrible production that the footage came from.

But hey, at least the cinematography was really well done. But when two Oscar winners star in your film and even THEY suck, you might want to consider ending not just your career but your life.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
Well, we all know that the film was plagued with production problems and that it was delayed for nearly a year.. well, the film shows that. It's nearly incoherent and not entertaining in the slightest fashion. The editing is all over the place, trying to make a movie out of the horrible production that the footage came from.

But hey, at least the cinematography was really well done. But when two Oscar winners star in your film and even THEY suck, you might want to consider ending not just your career but your life.

Wow. Some parts from the trailer specially the ending when the girl is hiding behind the tree and in the background Wolfman is searching for her reminds me of THE VILLAGE, except the wolfman scene is shot in the dark.