a bed time story written and directed by m. night shyamalan
The movie centers on the superintendent of an apartment building who finds a rare type of sea nymph swimming in the apartment pool.
Production began in August on location in Philadelphia, for a release in July 2006. It was completed in late October.
Shyamalan’s last four films – The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs and The Village – were distributed by Disney. The studio and Shyamalan discussed “Lady,” but the two decided mutually to part ways on the project, which will be released by Warner Bros.
Lady in the Water will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Cleveland Heep: I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. Oh, I should have been there, I am always going to regret… just not being there. I miss your faces. They remind me of God. I’m so lost without you guys. I met this very nice lady, and her name’s Story. I think you would have liked her. I think she might be… an Angel, because she has to go home. I love you all, I love you all so much.
REVIEW: Lady in the Water is a film of wonder, showcasing the amazing mind of M. Night Shyamalan. It takes you into a tapestry of wonder, and like all of his films, the pieces can be wound in many different ways. Read More »
- Paul Giamatti – Cleveland Heep
- Bryce Dallas Howard – Story
- Freddy Rodriguez – Reggie
- Jeffrey Wright – Mr. Dury
- Bob Balaban – Harry Farber
- Sarita Choudhury – Anna Ran
- Mary Beth Hurt – Mrs. Bell
- Cindy Cheung – Young-Soon Choi
- M. Night Shyamalan – Vick Ran
- Bill Irwin – Mr. Leeds
- Noah Gray-Cabey – Joey Dury
- Director: M. Night Shyamalan
- Produced By: Sam Mercer, Jose L. Rodriguez, and M. Night Shyamalan.
- Writer: M. Night Shyamalan
- Editor: Barbara Tulliver
- Cinematography: Christopher Doyle
- Costume Design: Betsy Heimann
- This film has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for “some frightening sequences.”
- USA – July 21, 2006
- Fantasy, Supernatural, Thriller, Romance
- Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti) has been quietly trying to disappear among the burned-out lightbulbs and broken appliances of the Cove apartment complex. But on the night that irrevocably changes his life, Cleveland finds someone else hiding in the mundane routine of the modest building – a mysterious young woman named Story (Bryce Dallas Howard), who has been living in the passageways beneath the building’s swimming pool.Cleveland discovers that Story is actually a “narf” – a nymph-like character from an epic bedtime story who is being stalked by vicious creatures determined to prevent her from making the treacherous journey from our world back to hers. Story’s unique powers of perception reveal the fates of Cleveland’s fellow tenants, whose destinies are tied directly to her own, and they must work together to decipher a series of codes that will unlock the pathway to her freedom.But the window of opportunity for Story to return home is closing rapidly, and the tenants are putting their own lives at great risk to help her. Cleveland will have to face the demons that have followed him to the Cove – and the other tenants must seize the special powers that Story has brought out in them – if they hope to succeed in their daring and dangerous quest to save her world…and ours.
For more pictures please visit our Lady in the Water Gallery.
- Official Site: LadyintheWaterMovie.com
- IMDB Film Details
- Lady in the Water at the HSX(estimates the potential box office for the first 4 weeks)